Birch Run Township invites applications for the position of:
Opening Date: September 10, 2018 - 9am
Closing Date: September 21, 2018 - 5pm
Starting Salary: negotiable
Birch Run Township is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Administrative Assistant in the Township Office & Township Library.
- Assist Water/Sewer Department with utility billing; including preparing bills, recording payments, answering phone calls, and assisting customers with a variety of utility services.
- Provide general office assistance including greeting customers, receipting payments, answering phones, filing, bulk mailing, and other general office related tasks as needed.
- Assist Building Secretary with building & zoning applications and permitting.
- Library Aid/Page: Assist with various tasks including checking books, stocking shelves, assisting patrons, answering phones, and other library tasks as needed.
- Serve as a substitute during office employees’ scheduled vacations & time-off requests.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Individual needs strong communication skills as these clerical duties require substantial public contact, good customer relations and a high degree of accuracy. Proficient computer skills and telephone skills are also necessary. The ability to organize, prioritize and work independently; as well as a high level of discretion and integrity are also required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Individual will be expected to work 10-20 hours per week, on average, based on workload. Physical demands and work environment are consistent with characteristics found in a typical office and library setting.
A qualified individual with a disability must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
To apply: Please submit a resume and letter of interest to the Township office by the closing date.
Mail: Birch Run Township
PO Box 152
Birch Run, MI 48415
In Person: 8425 Main Street
Birch Run, MI 48415
Open Monday-Friday from 9am-11:30am & noon-5pm
Check your barns, garages and basements, the TV show "American Pickers" is coming back to Michigan!
** Click Here For More Information**
Birch Run Township has now hired a new assessor, James Totten. Mr. Totten will hold office hours on Wednesday's from 9:00am - 11:30am and 12:00pm - 5:00pm.
Welcome to Birch Run Township!!
Birch Run Township was first organized in 1853 and held it's first Annual Meeting of the Electors on April 4, 1853. At that meeting Joseph Matheson was elected the first supervisor with 18 votes to 17 for Proctor Williams (at whose house the initial election was held); Calvin Silvernail was elected the first clerk with 21 votes to 14 for Elisha Marvin; Hirum Brown was elected treasurer with 19 votes to 16 votes for Elisha Marvin. The town was named after it’s creek, which runs thru a large birch tree area. In 1863, the town was renamed Deer Lick and remained so until 1868 when it reverted back to Birch Run.
The total area of Birch Run Township is approximately 36.5 square miles of all land. As of the 2010 census 6,033 residents live within Birch Run Township. The Township also includes the Village of Birch Run (incorporated in 1955 and encompassing 1.89 square miles) with 1,555 of the residents living there.
The Birch Run Area School District serves the majority of the Township's students, with approximately 8.5 square miles being served by the Frankenmuth School District and roughly a third square mile being covered by the Clio Area School District.